1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear T Griff, (smelling salts at the ready), I've been offered a position!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wow, at last somebody has shown confidence in my ability, enough to offer me a post. It's an LSA post,starting tomorrow!
    It was <u>so</u> good to be in a classroom again and it's in a school where staff support is really important, so the role, although not teaching, will be really valuable to colleagues.
    So do I get my own spangly star T Griff?

2. Lara mfl 05

Wow, at last somebody has shown confidence in my ability, enough to offer me a post. It's an LSA post,starting tomorrow!
    It was <u>so</u> good to be in a classroom again and it's in a school where staff support is really important, so the role, although not teaching, will be really valuable to colleagues.
    So do I get my own spangly star T Griff?

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Aw, well done, Lara!!! Let me be the first to congratulate you!!
    And as you keep telling others: you don't know where it will lead.

[​IMG]

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Congratulations lara. That's amazing news. So nice to have a job where your role matters. Well done :) xx

5. Congratulations and very well done Lara- you deserve it. I hope it all goes really well.
    [​IMG]

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Good [​IMG]!!!

7. welshchocoholic1

Got an 'Oops something went wrong' msg [​IMG]. Be back soon to write a proper message!!

8. welshchocoholic1

D'oh - sorry, ,didn't mean to post half messages etc so many times[​IMG]!
    Woohoo [​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh Lara- congratulations - that is BRILLIANT news. Al last someone has made the right decision [​IMG]!
    [​IMG]

9. welshchocoholic1

Can't believe that happened again[​IMG]

[​IMG] (because chocolate is the best!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

starting tomorrow!
    Wow [​IMG]

10. smugglers

smugglers New commenter

Brilliant news, Lara. You really do deserve it and the school is very lucky to have someone as kind and hardworking as you.

11. Lara mfl 05

Oh, THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for all your congratulations and champagne, firewoks and most importantly Chocolate, welshie. (Good to see all those smilies again.)
    It means so much to be able to share good news with others, especially as my Mother will no longer understand what it means.
    And yes, Dunteachin "Who knows where it may lead', and dominant tonic that the 'role' is valued.

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Dearest., dearest. Lara .

What. fabulous news!

And here I am stuck. with no proper internet, just a phone, so no star!

That clever school is soon going to realise they have made their BEST DECISION EVER?

How lucky they are!

Just EVERYONE. on here admires you so much . Having a great time tomorrow .

13. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

Congratulations! I am so pleased for you. You are always so encouraging to everyone and you really deserve it!

14. Lara mfl 05

And I will hopefully continue to do so, both in my new role and on here. After all that's why most of us are in teaching; to watch others achieve.
    QuoteTheogriff " here I am stuck. with no proper internet, just a phone,so no star!"
    That's fine Theo, I've waited so long, a few more days will make it even more precious.

15. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Ditto You are such a support to so many, including me. Really, I sometimes think people don't realise what it means when someone takes the time to wrote a post. Your posts have really made a difference to me, when I have been ready to give up and look at a different career.
    really well done, and thank you. xxx

16. Well done Lara
    You've given me/us some great words of encouragement, especially in the darker days. Congratulations. I really hope this leads somewhere fabulous.
    x

17. wow Lara, congrats to hear that you finally got in. Great news and that has just boosted my desire to continue applying.

18. marlin

marlin Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Oh my, Lara! [​IMG] Sorry I missed this on the day, but from my 'rant' over on Personal you'll know why I haven't been so active on the forums recently.
    I'm so pleased for you - and by the time you read this you'll have done 2 days - so I hope all is going well.
    You have been so positive and encouraging on this forum it is truly wonderful that at last you have the success you deserve. You have kept going in your own job search, despite all of the knockbacks and I'm really proud of you for this peseverance.
    I'm sure the school will recognise what a treasure they have and will look to make full use of your talents and skills in the future. Whatever though, you will now have up-to-date relvant experience so are much better placed for any permanent teaching posts that might come up. I know this was something that had been of concern to you in the past.
    I wish you every success in the role and am sure you will love being in what sounds a very supportive school with lovely staff.
    Best wishes
    Marlin xx
    [​IMG]

19. Fantastic news Lara!
    After all the help you've given on here (not least to my humble self) you really deserve it!
    Well done...[​IMG]

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I'm using the fact that I am dosed up on painkillers as an excuse for this mistake - sorry!
    *perseverance*