1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Stephen

Discussion in 'Governors' started by flod, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I am concerned about the way possible changes to my teaching role from January, mooted several months ago, are being handled by a new HT and, following an inconclusive meeting with the HT have sent both him and the Chair of Governors (since the GB have, according to the HT been involved in discussions) a letter outlining my position. After a month, I have still not received an acknowledgement of any sort from either of them. I suspect that there are irons in the fire of which I am not being made aware. I think it is both unprofessional to not acknowledge my letter and unreasonable to keep me hanging on wondering what is happening to my role. I wonder how you view the situation?
    Thanks.

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Welcome to TES, flod.

3. I would usually expect any formal query to receive an answer well within a month and if it is not possible to give a full answer then at least for an acknowledgement and holding reply to be sent. You do have the option of raising a formal grievance under the school's grievance procedure which will include set timescales for reply.
    If you do not wish to raise to escalate your concern to a full grievance at this stage then it is still perfectly legitimate for you to write asking when you can expect a full response.
    Stephen Adamson