1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Stephen or anyone !! LEAGUE TABLE CLARIFICATION please help!!

Discussion in 'Governors' started by pink_sean, Mar 19, 2015.

1. We had an ESOL girl join us in year 10 and got an A* Maths in y10. Now in year 11 she is about to take a limited set of GCSEs. I can't go into the specifics as you can appreciate but she has acute language difficulties and will NOT be taking ENGLISH Lang or Lit GCSE in June this year i.e. in a few weeks time. Can someone please give the definitive answer to these 3 simple questions (we've given up with the Dfes!)....

1, Will the absence of English Lang and Lit mean her other GCSEs will not count towards our performance tables?

2. If not, will the points score still count?

3. If she DID enter Eng Lang and got a 'U' grade say - would this make any difference?

Thank you!

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I don't know why governors would know the answer to this, it's a professional/technical question for heads I'd have thought. You're not in the right forum, try reposting in the Headteacher forum.

3. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Why on earth put her in for something she will fail? Regardless of whether it makes any difference to the school, I'm sure it would make a difference to her, to have to go through a farcical exam, spending a few hours staring at something she can't do. Great for her self-esteem, and a total waste of her time. Think of her, not the school league tables.

4. montiagh

montiagh New commenter

The ethos of any good high school should always be to put pupils first not their league table.