1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dear sage

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jennie85, Sep 2, 2012.

1. jennie85

jennie85 New commenter

Hi
    I am not sure if I am posting in the correct bit but I need a couple pieces of advice.
    a bit bout me ive been on supply in the eastmindlands, nottingham for 2 years after qualifying at ljmu. ive had an average on 1 day off per school week so ive done really well and the schools ask for me back which is a bonus but im not sure how long i have left to teach unless if have a perminent job.
    First thing is I’ve been on supply for 2 years just going into my 3rd last September I completed my 1st term of my NQT. Since then I’ve worked at 2 schools (a term each but neither school would defiantly say if they would keep me for the full duration. Therefore I was unable to complete the remaining induction) how long do I have to complete my full induction and how long can I carry on doing supply for?
    secondly I keep applying for jobs but only get a handful on interviews which when they ring say it was tough competition and I was very close but didn’t quite sell myself as much as I could have. Can you give me any tips/ buzz words on what should be in my personal statement/ cover letter or how I can perform a little better as in my interviews?
    Any tips would be greatly received
    Jennie

2. First trhe good news, there is no time limit to completing induction. From 1st Septemebr you have 5 years from completing your QTS when you can work on short term supply, so you have not exhausted time on this yet. Ideally, if you get two more terms on either supply or short tem contracts then you can complete induction, but at present you are OK.
    The Sage