1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Vette13, May 29, 2012.

1. Vette13

Vette13 New commenter

Hi Sage,

I'm really struggling to find evidence for Q13 on my standards. I've been working really hard, but I'm finding some of the standards hard to evidence particularly as I wasn't allowed to take a lot of assessment data out of my last placement.

Hope you can help.
    vette13

2. Vette13

Vette13 New commenter

Hi Sage,

I'm really struggling to find evidence for Q13 on my standards. I've been working really hard, but I'm finding some of the standards hard to evidence particularly as I wasn't allowed to take a lot of assessment data out of my last placement.

Hope you can help.
    vette13

3. MizUnderstood

MizUnderstood New commenter

It shouldn't matter whether you can take assessment data out of school for this Q standard, understandably some schools don't like printed copies of personal data floating around. On my course we met it by talking to the Headteacher/Deputy about using RaiseOnline etc, and how the school uses this data, and then during teaching practice using the children's levels and the age related expectations to plan and evaluate your lessons. The standard is: Q13 Know how to use local and national statistical information to evaluate the effectiveness of their teaching, to monitor the progress of those they teach and to raise levels of attainment. So if during teaching practice you have used their assessment data in order to make sure your planning meets the children's needs and you've kept your own records of attainment (I have a spreadsheet with all of the SC in it for each unit of work against the children's names and colour code it green/amber/red) then I would think you have enough to show that you've met that standard.

4. Vette13

Vette13 New commenter

Thanks MizUnderstood. That's a great help :)

5. Also, you can use any uni or in school trainign that you have had on using data towards this standard and any staff meetings you have been to where they have discussed levels.

6. You mustn't confuse knowing and understanding how local, regional and national data are used with actually doing it. Mostly Q13 is evidenced by talks given to trainees at Uni or in school, discussing this with other teachers or even the assessment co-ordinator in school etc.
    The Sage