1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage: Temporary and PT induction

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by josiejosie, Mar 16, 2012.

1. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

Hello,
    I understand that a part time NQT would simply mean extending the quantity of time required to gain QTS. However, I am interviewing for a temporary (1 year) and part time post at a wonderful school for next year which means by 2013 I would only be half-inducted!
    How would this work in terms of hand over to another job? And how might I put concerns at bay during an interview!?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

They'd complete the paperwork for one term and you'd just complete two terms at a new school x

3. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

Thanks for your answer - do you think this might be offputting to a new school though? having to do a bit of induction with me and not at NQT pay?
    Thanks

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It won't put off another school employing you. You will just be one point higher on the pay scale but will only be entitled to the 10% NQT timetable reduction for part of the year, so they will save money by giving you extra classes later in the year (and not having a menot off timetable to meet with you/ observe you etc).
    There is no such thing as NQT pay anyway. Some NQTs negotiate a start pay above M1. My sister started on M3 after 10 years of management experience in industry.

5. When completing induction part time it is done on a pro-rata basi, so if you worked 0.5 fte then it would take two years to complete. If you move schools then the reports and paperwork must be forwarded by your school to the new school, that is a legal requirement. At present there is a move to change the statutory inductio0n regulations and if this happens, as it most probably will, then there would be transitional arrangements to allow those part way through to continue. Exactly what these arrangements are we do not know as yet. Moving from school to school during induction does not normally prove to be an issue.
    The Sage