1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage Should I have received an NQT Induction Certificate?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Bobby_Carrot, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Last year I just showed my completed NQT paperwork but as I am applying for new jobs it has occured to me that I haven't had a certificate. Now obviously the GTC is no more so who do I contact?
    TIA

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The certificate will have been sent to the school where you completed Induction. They should have forwarded it on to you if you left a contact address with them. Otherwise, phone them up and make the arrangements now.

3. I would try contacting your previous school first and if they haven't received it try contacting the teacher agency to find out if they have a record of you passing your induction.
    I'm trying to chase my certificate as well at the moment and the teacher agency don't have any record of me passing my induction. Be prepared for a few phone calls if you have no joy with the teacher agency.

4. As suggested, first check with your previous school that thgey don't have the certificate. The Teaching agency should have you down as having passed induction, if not then you must go back to the LA where you did induction and find out if they submitted the pass decision to the GTCE (which no longer exists, but the records should have been transferred to the new Teaching Agency).
    If you have paperwork that is good, but remember to copy/scann it all if anyone asks you to send it to them. You don't want that being lost!
    The Sage

5. I have gone back to the LA and they have said they don't receive them and that the GTC were posting them direct to NQTs and to contact the teacher agency... seems I am going to be running round in circles on this one. I was told last September that it would be sent to the LA (by the lady at the LA) and they would forward it to me.
    My previous school don't have it either.
    The LA just send out a standard email saying to contact the teacher agency. They say they have passed on my paper work. I do recall logging onto the GTC in September and it said I had passed induction.
    This really isn't good enough!

6. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The GTCE posted certificates directly to teachers for the last 2 years now. and LA's no longer issued them. It depends when you completed your induction if it was before the disbanding of the GTCE end of March 12 then it should have been sent. The functions of the GTCE are now taken on board by the DfE and their website for employers to check is now running so a school can check that you are on the "approved list". You would need to contact the DfE directly to follow this up. My understanding is that there will no longer be certificates for induction and it will be the appropriate Body who confirms an induction has been passed before sending teacher details to the DfE

7. Do you need the actual bit of paper? I've only ever been asked for QTS certificate at job interviews/ appointments. Your 1st school can presumably confirm you did your induction year there.

8. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

With all the changes from GTCE to DfE it is advisable to have proof of any qualifications but as long as you are shown as registered on the DfE website then the check can be carried out there. Your Final Assessment form is also a proof that induction has been completed.

9. I have all my paperwork and the Teacher Agency have said I have passed but they say they no longer issue certificates just written confirmation of a passed induction so they are sending that. They reckon they sent my certificate out on 9th September to my home address but it has never arrived here. I know a few other peeps who haven't received them either so I know it is not just me.
    Yes my first school can confirm I have passed induction but they are on special measures now with a new headteacher (had to put Deputy and my mentor down as reference).

10. Hi, I'm another NQT who hasn't yet recieved myinduction certificate and reading this it looks like I may not receive one although I'm going to chase it up incase it has been sent already,