1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage - Regarding the new Teahcers Standards

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by TheGingerTeacher, Apr 28, 2012.

1. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

This looks like a really interesting site but it doesn't seem to load properly is it not up and running yet? I can't seem to registar and the text overlaps in a lot of places.

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

I don't see how a preamble can be a standard. Firstly, preambles come
    before actual content and secondly, the standards are numbered.
    It also says it summarises - it's there to give you an overview or introduction. All teachers should be fulfilling the following set of standards.

3. Thanks for your reply.
    In answer to your question, the site is live and is being used by teachers across the country.
    The registration form was updated just a few days ago to enhance security features & minimise grammatical errors. (Teachers were filling in the registration form with first names/surnames all in lower case!)
    The site / registration should be working fine now.

4. Right... I see now.
    So was I right to include it on the site, which allows teachers to add evidence to this particular statement?

5. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I still can't registar for some reason.

I have tried on my home and uni computers and it just doesn't load teacher registration, I tried mentor and tutor registration and they work fine, they bring up the form to fill in but the teacher button does nothing.

Is it really just me?

6. Hi
    For some reason I missed this, my apologies.
    The standards are just the numbered sentences and not to bullet points these are exemplification or the rangte and scope of each standard. It does state that the bullet points are not in themselves standards. So in essence the standards have been reduced, but of course there is always the temptation to treat each bullet poiunt as if it was a standard. There should be sopme guidnmmace coming out that further explores each standard.
    The Sage