1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage Question about applying for jobs

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by SarahReed, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SarahReed

SarahReed New commenter

Dear Sage,
    I'm currently applying for jobs and filling out application forms. The main section in most of these forms is 'expereince.' I've got lots of say about my two placements, but I have no idea how to approach this section. Am I supposed to write about every key stage I've been involved it and what I've taught? Or am I supposed to narrow down and pick specific examples? Any advice would be really useful.
    Many thanks

2. SarahReed

SarahReed New commenter

Dear Sage,
    I'm currently applying for jobs and filling out application forms. The main section in most of these forms is 'expereince.' I've got lots of say about my two placements, but I have no idea how to approach this section. Am I supposed to write about every key stage I've been involved it and what I've taught? Or am I supposed to narrow down and pick specific examples? Any advice would be really useful.
    Many thanks

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Most application forms are used for a range of teaching posts so the experience section will obvuiously be less for an NQT - reference your teaching practices and the year groups taught and as previous poster suggests then use the letter of application/support statement to go into detail about your classroom experience. Focus upon what you have learnt and what skills have been developed rather than making it a simple catalogue of your course- the structure of your ITT will be covered in the university reference.

4. SarahReed

SarahReed New commenter

Thanks everyone really useful advise! Can I just check do you always need to send a supporting statement with an application form- as a few of my friends have just sent in an application form...
    Sarah

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

If the application does not ask for a supporting statement then don't send one and instead provide a letter of application with your application which briefly outlines your suitability- as a letter it follows a letter format and style.