1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage-problems on pgce

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Preet5, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Dear Sage,

Hope someone can help. I'm having massive problems with my partner and our marriage may end. This all happened last weekend. I couldn't face going in on Monday and braved it yesterday. I managed to make it through the day without breaking down. Spoke to my mentor and generic mentor and they said they will be supportive etc. This morning I got ready to go in and cannot face it. I've just been crying and crying. I don't want the kids/staff to see me like this and I'm afraid I will snap if someone says/does something. Anyway I contacted my school today and I'v been told I need to go in this afternoon as it might jeopardise my teaching qualification due to irregular teaching. I just feel I need a few more days to grasp what is happening, make a decision and sort my life out before I can go into school, give it my all and not have another relapse. I'm seeing the doctor today as I really can't face leaving the house. Hope someone can help ps-im waiting to hear back from uni

2. Dear Sage,

Hope someone can help. I'm having massive problems with my partner and our marriage may end. This all happened last weekend. I couldn't face going in on Monday and braved it yesterday. I managed to make it through the day without breaking down. Spoke to my mentor and generic mentor and they said they will be supportive etc. This morning I got ready to go in and cannot face it. I've just been crying and crying. I don't want the kids/staff to see me like this and I'm afraid I will snap if someone says/does something. Anyway I contacted my school today and I'v been told I need to go in this afternoon as it might jeopardise my teaching qualification due to irregular teaching. I just feel I need a few more days to grasp what is happening, make a decision and sort my life out before I can go into school, give it my all and not have another relapse. I'm seeing the doctor today as I really can't face leaving the house. Hope someone can help ps-im waiting to hear back from uni

3. A break up is very stressful and you should visit your GP. They will be able to sign you off for stress. Do also contact your tutor for support and help, if it is just a short break it may not affect your PGCE provided you are meeting all the requirements. If there are other problems then they may suggest a break - sometimes called intercalation or intermission so that you can get your private life sorted then return to your studies. Your university should also have a student support team who can help you through this difficult time.
    The Sage