1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage: NQT not going to plan...help!

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by craftyangel, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Thanks for the reply.
    I have contacted my union about it and after a while to think things over and talk through with my mum (who else do you go to for advice?!) I think I'm going to ask for early release. I got an email from my head on Wednesday and ever since I've been very depressed, I think the very idea and knowledge that I will have to go back to work is making me worse. I can't get better if I have to go back to teaching.
    So, I think want to leave my school as soon as possible then take my time to recover properly and get better before I look for another job.
    My happiness is the most important thing. More important than finishing my NQT or getting another job. Being able to wake up in the morning and actually want to get up and start my day is worth everything. I had my priorities all wrong, I was putting my job and NQT before my health which is wrong, I'm putting my health first from now on.