1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage..... Nervous NQT on her first interview

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by emma-jane123, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hello
    I have an interview next week for a foundation phase teacher in a school in Wales. I am an NQT although I graduated from university in 2010. Is there any advice you can give me on interview questions and skills I need please
    Thank You

2. Hey emma-jane,

You want to head over to the Jobseekers Forum, there's some brilliant advice there for interviews.

Start with this thread https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storyCode=6037988

Sorry not sure how to hyperlink! Good luck :)

3. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

Just wanted to say I qualified at the exact same time as you and just got my first post...

Good luck!

4. Thanks Guys and good luck!! :D

5. Do visit the jobseekers forum and look at the advice from Theogriff, he has some great advice for anyone doing an interview.
    Also, be yourself, don't try and create a false persona on the day - interviewers see through that. Take your time and give considered answers don't just blurt things out. Concentrate on children's learning first and foremost, your teaching second.
    The Sage

6. Thank you for the advice! I think im just nervous at not knowing what questions Im going to get and worrying incase I dont know the answer!! So we shall see how it goes!!!
    Thank you
    Emma