1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage: Golden Hello in Foundation School

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Charlington, May 7, 2012.

1. Charlington

Charlington New commenter

Hello,

I completed my NQT year at the end of the Xmas term in a foundation school, and have just filled in my Golden Hello paperwork. I took it to out School Business manager who fobbed me off saying they didn't know anything about it, and would look at it next week. I was going to send the form to the LA, but it said on the form that if you work in a FS, then the school pay it and can claim it back from the LA (?)

Can you enlighten me as to how the process works so that I can give some information to our BM wen I go back in tomorrow please?!Thanks

2. Charlington

Hello,

I completed my NQT year at the end of the Xmas term in a foundation school, and have just filled in my Golden Hello paperwork. I took it to out School Business manager who fobbed me off saying they didn't know anything about it, and would look at it next week. I was going to send the form to the LA, but it said on the form that if you work in a FS, then the school pay it and can claim it back from the LA (?)

Can you enlighten me as to how the process works so that I can give some information to our BM wen I go back in tomorrow please?!Thanks

3. The school should not be out of pocket and yes they should be able to claim back the GH from the LA. If you are concerned then contact the LA diurect and ask their advice, the GH is paid along with your normal salary so if yours is doing via the LA payroll then there should be no issue. I suspect that your business manager is just annoyed at yet another job. You must claim the GH within one year of completing induction so don'tlet them keep fobbing you off or forgetting.
    The Sage

4. Charlington

Many thanks for your advice. We are not payed through LA payroll, we are employed directly by the governors so I assume that it will just go through as a one-offexpense on my salary and then the school can claim it back.
    Thanks again for your help!

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

For those who are paid by the LA, it's important to claima s early as possible because the payment will not be made if you are no longer on payroll when they have completed the administration.
    Insist that your school deals with your application a.s.a.p. The school may find itself timed-out if they don't reclaim the money within 12 months of you completing Induction.