1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage, considering leaving PGCE--- HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Trainee1234, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I'm really struggling on my PGCE, I've got 12 months to go, I had a bad 1st placement and now I've deferred my 2nd as I can't face another classroom at the moment, do you have any advice? As I'm now leaning towards leaving the course and starting a new career in something completely different, I've worked really hard to get where I am and feel like a bit of a failure at the moment, my confidence is at rock bottom, please help me.

2. I'm really struggling on my PGCE, I've got 12 months to go, I had a bad 1st placement and now I've deferred my 2nd as I can't face another classroom at the moment, do you have any advice? As I'm now leaning towards leaving the course and starting a new career in something completely different, I've worked really hard to get where I am and feel like a bit of a failure at the moment, my confidence is at rock bottom, please help me.

3. Notwithstanding

Notwithstanding New commenter

As someone who has left a PGCE this year, I will say that whatever advice you gain on here, it has to be a decision you alone make, and ideally based on your health first and foremost. Establishing if the course is having a damaging long term effect on you, or just a short term attack of confidence, is going to be crucial. Feel free to drop me a message.