1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sage-Changes for NQT Year 2012

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by SarahReed, Jun 12, 2012.

1. SarahReed

SarahReed New commenter

Hello everyone,
    Today I got a job offer! I remember seeing a link somewhere regarding the changes to NQT induction year in 2012 but I can't seem to find the article anywhere!
    Could you point me in the right direction?
    Many thanks
    Sarah

2. I have been to visit my new school, where I will be completing my NQT year starting in September. Unfortunately, they were unaware that the Core teacher standards are changing and have set me up with an induction pack based around the 'old' ones.

How do I broach the subject with my tutor, who I have only met a couple of times, without upsetting or offending them? Should I print off a copy of the new DfE standards/induction rules and discuss them with my tutor? I'm just worried that I won't be assessed against the 'new' standards come September and don't want to end up doing a year without appropriate induction!

On another note, surely the DfE should have contacted all schools that are eligible to have NQTs by now to inform them of these changes?

Thanks.

3. I have a document which translates the old standards to the nea ones, so at least you would know what standards you are meeting on the new document, I will forward it to you if you leave your email address. Hope this helps :)

4. That would be fantastic, thank you! I will DM you my email!

5. Hi xania, please could you email me a copy of that document too as i am going to be an nqt as of september and think it may be of use to me. I would be very grateful :) my email address is botoxinjector@hotmail.com , thanks!

6. The DfE does send out notifications to schools and the LAs are also doing this. The problem is that there are literally hundreds of such notifications going out each week on all sorts of subjects and many of these simply get buried in a pile of paperwork or the e-mail does not get read and the link is never clicked on.
    The Sage

7. Please could you send me this as well? lil_chicky@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks