1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear sage- CEDP worry...

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by VelvetChalk, Jul 14, 2012.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

My mentor for next year has emailed me about my CEDP which she needs to have.

I am worried because....

a) I am not sure where it is ( move of house)

b) It is not signed even though I emailed a scanned page to my ITT provider to sign and send back (Had no reply). A friend assured me that she hadnt seen a CEDP at her school in ages and they were probably phasing them out so i didnt chase it. I did have an exit interview with my tutor and I did do the whole reflection and transition point 1 at the time so I have done the actual work.

Now I am panicking and worry that my mentor is going to think I am disorganised and incompetent and I will start on a bad note. :(

2. VelvetChalk

I just rifled through my box of teaching books and found it, with everything done except my uni signing their part.

What shall I do? I am worried about what my mentor will think :(

3. Argh.... CEDP.

I didn't even have an exit interview because I finished at a random time as 1 of only 2 people finishing at that point. I have no idea where my cedp even is. I do remember filling it in, but I don't feel it would now be accurate because of all the development I have done since finishing in Dec 2009.

4. VelvetChalk

It was similar for me, only 5 of us graduated at that time, the reason it isn't signed is because I left it with the uni to be signed and I picked it up off the admin desk thinking it had been.

I am just going to add all my supply experience to the stuff I wrote 2 years ago.

If your CEDP isn't signed by your ITT provider does it affect passing your induction?

5. Given my ITT provider technically does not exist anymore I hope not! Although I am sure I could find someone from my provider to sign it small town and the likes

Training rationalisation in Wales meant my college didn't offer Primary after my year.

6. Panic not. The CEDP is not a required document and does not have to be signed by your provider. They are not statutory and many providers do not even provide one anymore. You can fill it in yourself and use it by all means, but it no longer has any official status.
    The Sage

7. Thank you!

8. VelvetChalk

Thanks for the advice sage! :D