1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Sagacious et al - LA inspection

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by SophieChiefs, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I am an NQT in year 4 and I've got a LA inspection in two weeks and I'm a bit worried.

Does anyone know what they will be looking for in regards to my teaching, is it the same as Ofsted? What can I do to impress them/tick boxes?

I normally include peer assessment, talk partners, I use differentiated success criteria and peer/self assessment regularly...anything else?

Thanks!

2. The main focus of an observation is the progress the children are making in the lesson. You may be using peer assessment, talk partners etc, but are the pupils in your class active learners in your classroom and are they making progres within that particular lesson. There will be a triangulation between your data, your lesson and the progress pupils are making in their books.
    Think about your use of these strategies as to maximise learning opportunities for your pupils, don't be afraid to stop them if things are going wrong (this will be more impressive if you can bring them back on track) and relax.
    Good luck!

3. Thank you!
    Appreciate your advice :)

4. I had this too. Don't worry, teach like you normally do and all will be well. They do give you good ideas on how to improve, all positive.