1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Rosaline

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

Our friend Douglas
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    He seems like a nice young man but his lack of response when he makes yet another punt on behalf of his analytics venture is very irritating. Does he have your blessing?

2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Nizebaby, I started an identical thread a few hours ago but because of premoderation, it won't appear until lunchtime tomorrow.

Great minds...

nomad and dunnocks like this.
  3. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

dunnocks likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Indeed as quoted by nizebaby above, your post has already appeared.

dunnocks likes this.
  5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Live and let live, usually, but yeah - he's pretty irritating. Why should I have to bother to block him? It's a form of invasive spam, in my totally worthless opinion. Meh.

6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

But if gets more clicks for TES which boosts advertising. That's the aim of the threads started by TES Mods, I think, but at the moment someone else is doing it for them.

coffeekid likes this.
  7. gainly

gainly Established commenter

I'm not sure why anyone would object to these threads. They aren't offensive and you can simply ignore them. In fact plenty of people seem to reply despite knowing that he/she/it never responds.

Jamvic, les25paul, lexus300 and 4 others like this.
  8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

People should simply not reply to them, and let them sink to the next page - exactly as people do to my threads!

Jamvic, towncryer, les25paul and 7 others like this.
  9. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

Presumably our sweet but irritating young Douglas looks at responses to his titles.

towncryer and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  10. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Why do people think the poster in question is actually the same real person as his/her TES forum name?

11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

That was my initial response too - I quite enjoyed them to begin with. Bit of a change from the usual pish. Now I just feel a bit irritated. Can't help myself. :)

12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

They are almost all lifted from another site, so don’t even have the virtue of originality. If the intention is to divert from B***** threads, then it could be said to have had some success, but it is stifling the forum and I would imagine that it puts some people off posting topics that are important to them.

Personal used to be a welcoming place and even if the debate was ‘lively’, at least there was some. Now, it’s either threads being locked, or bland tosh.

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

@colpee Do they think that? If they do, does it matter?
    The way he throws out threads and then leaves them feels a bit robotic. I don't want to respond to someone who isn't invested in the topic. I know some of the respondents might have interesting things to say but the whole thing feels manipulative. I did respond initially but don't now. I'd be happy if his threads stopped appearing.

14. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Douglas Reece was an actor in Waterloo Road. Maybe knowing that might change how some respond to this poster, I don't know.

15. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Does anyone think my real name is either Aqua or Marina? But if you were referring to me on here you'd call me Aquamarina. I don't understand what his choice of username has to do with anything.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

His threads are just so same-y and so bland. There used to be a poster, I think something like petalutha (probably got that totally wrong) but he/she came up with all these interesting and original threads that never failed to amuse or get a good debate going.
    Although I did laugh my head off last night at Jude’s snickers/knickers poem which got youngest running in from the other room to see what on earth was going on. :D

bombaysapphire likes this.
  17. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Banned. That's what happened to some of the best posters.

18. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I reply to you now and then;)

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I can name a couple but that would only get me censored again.
    Media controls the narrative by censorship these days.

20. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Not only is he irritating, but he can't spell. That's not good for someone who is trying to get teachers on side...

Lara mfl 05 and towncryer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.