1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Jsmes

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by abbcc, May 11, 2011.

1. Dear James,

I have recently failed a second yearplcement. I was observed by my tutor and felt it went well, however my file was not good enough and did not have enough in it. I am worried and nervous about a resit and not sure whether I should leave the cour. I am worried about not passing the resit and what will then happen. HAve you any tips regarding what I could do to help on my re sit and tips for my file. I work hard but does not seem to be doing enough .
    Thank you

2. Hi
    Don't panic about the fail. If it is about the files (I assume the gathering of evidence etc.) then this is something that can be fixed. What you need to do is talk to your tutor anout what is necessary for you to pass - it may be appropriate for the tutor to provide you with targets (it will depend on what needs to be done) and you should discuss a plan with your tutor for the resit.
    James