1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Joe

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by hp08aca, Jul 14, 2012.

1. I am a primary school teacher with MFL skills, looking to support my son in re-taking his modular GCSE German so he can improve his grade from 'C' to at least a 'B'. The exams are in June 2013. This is his best opportunity to do this, before the linear GCSEs start next September. He has just completed his 'A' level exams and is taking a year off.
    I'd be grateful for any practical advice regarding: finding a suitable exam centre (his old school?) and useful MFL websites for example.
    Interestingly, due to government cuts, many colleges have deleted their GCSE language courses. [​IMG]
    I have downloaded AQA documentation including a suggested SoW. We will consider MFL tutors too.
    Many thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. dalej

dalej New commenter

Have you had a look at Kerboodle? It may be useful for revision and has a good reputation. http://www.kerboodle.com

As for local centre, I would contact your son's former school and ask them for ideas. If they can't allow him to use their facilities I'm sure they can advise.

Good luck.

Best wishes

Joe

3. Dear Joe
    I intended to contact the school anyway, and that's looking promising. Checked out the Kerboodle website and it is useful, as you said, particularly for revision. So, thank you again.