1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Joe

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by emmavictoria12, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I have been out of teaching in the UK and am trying to come back after 5 years teaching English in Madrid. Could you please tell me the main new initiatives in MFL I should focus on in order to prepare for a job interview? I know there will be lots! Any help would be gratefully received. Emma

2. I have been out of teaching in the UK and am trying to come back after 5 years teaching English in Madrid. Could you please tell me the main new initiatives in MFL I should focus on in order to prepare for a job interview? I know there will be lots! Any help would be gratefully received. Emma

3. mpc

mpc

Knowledge of new specifications for GCSE (controlled assessment, increased importance of speaking/writing components)
    Ebac implications
    Dealing with transition (primary to secondary) given that many primary students have now followed a course in MFL
    Assessment for learning
    Independent l& personalized earning
    Use of ICT in MFL teaching
    Suerte,
    mpc

4. dalej

dalej New commenter

Thinking Skills / PLTS and phonics are also popular topics at the moment.