1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Joe,

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Camadi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I will have a one-to-one business student learning German. In the past, I used to record new phrases and vocabulary onto a cassette which I would give to the student after each session to take home and listen to in his car (or wherever). During the next session I would update the cassette with some more new phrases, etc.
    I am now looking for a CD recorder (at a reasonable price) that does exactly the same as a cassette recorder - if possible without having to go through a computer to burn the CD. It is important that I can do the recording on the spot and just hand the CD to the student. The Coomber seems to be adequate but quite expensive to buy if one can get one at all. It wouldn't be cost-effective to spend hundreds of pounds on a new machine.
    Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

2. I will have a one-to-one business student learning German. In the past, I used to record new phrases and vocabulary onto a cassette which I would give to the student after each session to take home and listen to in his car (or wherever). During the next session I would update the cassette with some more new phrases, etc.
    I am now looking for a CD recorder (at a reasonable price) that does exactly the same as a cassette recorder - if possible without having to go through a computer to burn the CD. It is important that I can do the recording on the spot and just hand the CD to the student. The Coomber seems to be adequate but quite expensive to buy if one can get one at all. It wouldn't be cost-effective to spend hundreds of pounds on a new machine.
    Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

3. dalej

dalej New commenter

4. It's not difficult to use your computer to burn a CD - and this is by far the cheapest option once you have got the recordings stored on your computer's hard disk. I can burn CDs using iTunes.
    But I hardly ever use CDs these days. I transfer recordings to my iPhone and iPod using iTunes, and I usually play them back using headphones. I can also plug my iPhone or iPod into a socket in the radio in my car. If I want to move the recordings around from one computer to another I store them on a memory stick (flash drive). You could hand the recordings to your student on a memory stick - but it depends on how computer-literate your student is.
    Regards
    Graham