1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Joe, and anyone else. I have an mfl interview on Thurs, please help!!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by welshchocoholic1, Jun 11, 2011.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Occasional commenter

Dear Joe, and everyone else,
    Have an interview for a French Teacher on Thurs, which I'm pleased about, but only my 2nd one in a long time so am a bit rusty. Wondering what kind of interview questions everyone else has been having. Also have to teach a mixed ability class year 9 something to do with Tourism. Again, any help or suggestions would be useful. Thanks x

2. dalej

dalej New commenter

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Occasional commenter

Thank you very much for your help Joe and Otter. Much appreciated. I have read through the links and found them very useful.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

<u>Lesson </u>(you know this, though!):
    1) be clear to the class about the objective/outcome
    2) show personality and interest in the class
    3) track their progress explicitly and overtly so they know (and the observers can see) that progress has been made
    Interview
    1) don't bulls.hit - admit it if you don't know
    2) be yourself, be pasionate
    3) spend time beforehand working out your own personal responses to the current hot topics so you can answer questions knowledgably

Good luck