1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by megs06051990, Jun 20, 2015.

1. megs06051990

megs06051990 New commenter

I am an NQT in my final term of induction year. I completed 2 terms at a school last academic year, and I did not create an evidence folder as my tutor said we can just highlight all the standards I had achieved and made notes on how I had achieved them. I am currently on supply in a school and they have let this last term be my final term of NQT, the other NQTs in the school have got huge folder with tonnes of evidence in etc. Is this neccesary? i have read other posts where people said it is not a requirement to have one and they passed. My mentor hasn't mentioned anything, I am just checking that this is ok?

Thanks

Megan

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

You need to be able to show, somehow, that you have met the teaching standards. A huge folder is one way you can do this... or you can keep things simpler. Whatever you (and you school) prefer.

3. There is no formal requirement for an evidence folder, just that the school is happy that you are meeting the standards. The best thing to do is ask the school and the LA or go to the LA website and see what they have available for NQTs.

James

Follow me on twitter @edujdw