1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by natwest, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I have recently gained a late place on a PGCE course and the tutors there suggested that I "make a start" on the QTS Standards. Are there actually any that can be attempted/completed before hand?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Do you have your GTC number to register for your skills tests? x

3. It is possible, depending on what you were doing before you gained the place, that you could evidence some standards. eg if you worked as a TA you could use some of your experience to look at standards which are about teamwork, or knowing and understanding the roles of others in a school setting.
    My advice would be to look at the standards and see if you feel that you can provide evidence for these from your prior experience. If so start a file, gather some evidence and see what the provider says when you start.
    You can find a copy of the current standards here:
    http://www.tda.gov.uk/trainee-teacher/qts-standards.aspx
    James

4. katnoodle

katnoodle New commenter

I didn't get mine until November during the course, but it's a good thing to start on! Do the online practice tests till you're confident.