1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by hcollins, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hi

I am hoping to start the 3rd term of my NQT induction. I work in a mainstream primary school wheer the children are setted by ability. I have a low-ability Y5/6 group for literacy and numeracy, there are 8 and 9 children in the sets. Will I be able to meet the required standards with groups of this size? I am and doing everything I would do for a larger class (planning, assessment etc). I just wondered if it is ok to complete induction with a smaller group (they are challenging and half the group are SEN).

I also cover PPA in the afternoons. I have worked in the same school for just over a term now, but the head has said that I should try to swop the subjects I teach with other teachers so that I can meet the standards. This is proving rather difficult. Is it essential that I teach all of the National Curriculum subjects in order to be able to complete my induction? I currently teach all of the core subjects and many of the foundation subjects but not all of them.

Thank you very much for your help.

2. Hi
    It will be for the LA to decide if the post you have is suitable for induction, so my advice would be to get the Head to checxk with the LA that your timetable is acceptable and that they will register you for induction. You can also check this yourself with the LA NQT named contact (if you don't know who this is just call the LA and ask).
    James