1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by hioannidis, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I have a conditional place on a course and know 5 of us will be rejected as offers were given out before the cuts. I want to write an email to the course leader explaing my whole family and my life is revolved around me getting on to this course and I desperately want to be chosen. I can't decide whether this will show my passion or will be seen as whinging what would you adivse? Should I drop them an email?

2. I have a conditional place on a course and know 5 of us will be rejected as offers were given out before the cuts. I want to write an email to the course leader explaing my whole family and my life is revolved around me getting on to this course and I desperately want to be chosen. I can't decide whether this will show my passion or will be seen as whinging what would you adivse? Should I drop them an email?

3. No harm in writing but don't expect it to change anything. If they have no places to give, they can't. There are others in the same position. Just write something to the effect that should they get more allocations (possibly reallocated from other unis that have decided not to run the course), to keep you posted as you will still be interested.

4. I haven't been rejected yet but 12 of us were given a place and from the pdf document thats been floating about they seem to now have 7. I asked them to confirm if that was true and they couldnt answer me, maybe they are taking places from other unis not running the couse i hope so!

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Its worth a shot. But you do realise these cuts aren't just for funding but also because there are a lack of teaching jobs? Just as long as you understand there is no guarantee of a post at the end of it. Best of luck and I hope whatever happens its the best thing for you. If you do still get on start the job hunt early (Jan/Feb) no matter how busy you are on your PGCE, its hard but worth it. x

6. Hi
    Things are tough for everyone and thbere is no harm in making your position clear, but remember that while providers can by sympathetic towards your personal arrangements they may only make a small difference to any decision which will have to be taken mainly on the information they get from your application and interview.
    Some providers are still tarding places and trying to make deals so that courses can go ahead.
    I have spent the day sorting out our science applications and seeing if it is possible to convert some biologists to chemists. I know how hard it is for you as applicants and how tough it is for us to have to ultimately reject really good people.
    James