1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Faldamir12, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Dear James and all,

I recently read in a popular teaching union book that the pay scale for NQT's and other teachers has been frozen until at least September 2013. I started in May 2010 on M1. Does this mean that I will not move on to M2 until September 2013.
    If I look for another teaching post shortly before the review of pay is under way, I presume I could not ask them to look at moving me up to M3 because of this government's decision to freeze pay?

Thanks

2. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Dear James and all,

I recently read in a popular teaching union book that the pay scale for NQT's and other teachers has been frozen until at least September 2013. I started in May 2010 on M1. Does this mean that I will not move on to M2 until September 2013.
    If I look for another teaching post shortly before the review of pay is under way, I presume I could not ask them to look at moving me up to M3 because of this government's decision to freeze pay?

Thanks

3. Pay scales are frozen. i.e. M1 will not increase in the next 3 years.
    You will still move up to M2 in September as normal.

4. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Yep, it's the inflation that has been frozen, not your progress up the payscale. You'll move up to M2, but M2 this year will be the same amount as M2 in Sep 2010.