1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bryonys26, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm currently four months into a SCITT course and loving every minute! I had my first placement in a year 5 class, and am about to start my second placement in Year 2 shortly.
    However, I feel there is one thing holding me back/letting me down - my lesson plans!!
    It's not so much the ideas/creativity/resources I have problems with, I seem to struggle more with the clarity of my plans, clearly organising my learning objectives and breaking down into success criteria is proving a bit of a headache, and just hoping you may have some advice or tips?
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    I'm currently four months into a SCITT course and loving every minute! I had my first placement in a year 5 class, and am about to start my second placement in Year 2 shortly.
    However, I feel there is one thing holding me back/letting me down - my lesson plans!!
    It's not so much the ideas/creativity/resources I have problems with, I seem to struggle more with the clarity of my plans, clearly organising my learning objectives and breaking down into success criteria is proving a bit of a headache, and just hoping you may have some advice or tips?
    Thanks

3. Hi
    Have a look at this link I posted some time ago about the basics of lesson planning. In your Scitt you will probably have covered lesson planning, so look at this advice in conjunction with the SCITT advice.
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/355256/5012537.aspx#5012537

James