1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James what to do at the end of my contract

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by EmaleeG, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hi there, I am currently working in an International School in the Czech Republic and have a contract til June 2012. My question is really- I am still an NQT (1 term to complete) and am wondering what to do at the end of my contract. Do I return to the UK to try to get my last term done- or carry on abroad and potentially return to the UK some years down the line but still an NQT????? Not sure what to do for the best as I'm still not convinced that living abroad is 100% for me- I don't hate it just not 100% sure. Any advice/ suggestions gratefully received... Emalee

2. Hi there, I am currently working in an International School in the Czech Republic and have a contract til June 2012. My question is really- I am still an NQT (1 term to complete) and am wondering what to do at the end of my contract. Do I return to the UK to try to get my last term done- or carry on abroad and potentially return to the UK some years down the line but still an NQT????? Not sure what to do for the best as I'm still not convinced that living abroad is 100% for me- I don't hate it just not 100% sure. Any advice/ suggestions gratefully received... Emalee

3. My advice would be to finish inductoon as that leaves you free to work in the state system with no further need of being seen as a NQT. At present there is no time limit for completing induction, but the induction regulationsa are currently undergoing change so do check next year, before your contract is due yup, if any of the changes to induction could affect you, for examples it may be possible to complete that extra term in a British school abroad, so before you make your decision check the new regulations.
    James

4. Thank you :)

I will definitely make sure I check the new regulations before I make a final decision. Do you know when they are due to be published as I will need to make a decision in February/ March time???
    So much to think about and the thought of trying to get a job back in the UK is quite scary but hey ho!

Thanks again

Emalee

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I think it's around April when the new regualtions might come out.
    As you have been out of the UK, you will also need to get local Police clearance statements that can be added to UK ones for your next CRB. There's no point getting a job or registering with an agency and then having to wait months before they can get clearance to employ you.

6. Thank you- will ask about that come the end of my contract.
    Ah April is a little late for me but hey ho- we will see what happens.
    Thanks again
    Emalee