1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James: what is the state of the ISA?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by aspire_teach, May 3, 2011.

1. Sorry I forgot to put "Dear James" in my title on the other previous post as I wanted James to answer, so apologies for this duplicate thread!
    Has the ISA been scrapped officially? I rang their helpline but it has been shut down which leads me to believe that it is being "halted" or in the queue for being scrapped by the Coalition. Yet I keep seeing application forms for teaching (in my LEA, don't know about anyone else's) that want me to fill in my ISA number, and one that says if I am not registered with them then this will bar me from getting a job with them. The trouble is, I don't ever remember receiving a ISA number, nor do I recall joining the scheme - and now it appears there is no one to talk to about it on the end of their phone line! Any advice gratefully received.

2. Hi
    The ISA never really got off the ground as such. What you need to provide is a CRB number which you can get from your last enhanced CRB check. Application forms may well have it in anticipation of the whole process being undertaken by the ISA but after the change in government the ISA was scrapped and the CRB checks continued as normal.
    James

3. Many thanks! On my CRB check, is this what is called my "Disclosure Number"?