1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James: URGENT: First term report

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by LorelaiVictoria, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Please clarify what information is meant to be listed within the 'strengths' boxes? I am concerned that my report contains a lot of comments on my areas of development within said boxes. Am required to sign and submit asap.

2. Please clarify what information is meant to be listed within the 'strengths' boxes? I am concerned that my report contains a lot of comments on my areas of development within said boxes. Am required to sign and submit asap.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Assessment reports should be discussed as part of your review meeting with your mentor so the content should not be a surprise. The first term assessment is formative as induction is a 3 term process, so you would expect the school to identify areas for development early in the programme. The key thing is that there is an action plan to support these areas in the following term. This would identify the type of support and timescale for your training and mentoring. You sign the report and you should include your own comments in the box provided

4. As noted the assessment should provide a holistic summary of areas that you are doing well in and things to work on. So the strengths can be taken from anything that you do in the job, planning teachhing marking extra curricular activities working with others contact with parents and outside agencies etc etc etc.
    As pointed out the contents should have been discussed in your review meeting and not simply provided for you to sign.
    James