1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James, slightly confused about supply limit

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Laura2288, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hello James and everyone.
    I'm an NQT and I have supplied at the same school since September 2010 so I'm nearly at the end of my supply limit - even with the extension (August 2012).
    I've been offered my first terms contract for the summer term at this school. Once I finish this term, will I still be able to continue with supply after this time or do I need to find another contract pretty snappy?
    Laura

2. Hello James and everyone.
    I'm an NQT and I have supplied at the same school since September 2010 so I'm nearly at the end of my supply limit - even with the extension (August 2012).
    I've been offered my first terms contract for the summer term at this school. Once I finish this term, will I still be able to continue with supply after this time or do I need to find another contract pretty snappy?
    Laura

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

If your extension expires August this year, that's the end of day to day supply until you have completed induction. Any temporary post must be at least a term.