1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James: Second term/interim assessment

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by miss_moneypenny, May 6, 2011.

1. Hello,
    Last year I completed my first term ok, and was failing for the second term, so I resigned for the end of April last year and an interim assessment was done then;
    Does that mean I still have two terms of induction to do, or only one, as that interim assessment took place right at the end of the second term? I have still technically done that term on NQT with observations and everything, but I had only chosen to resign for the end of the second term.
    I am guessing that there is no way to "transform" that interim assessment into a not so positive but yet completed second term?

Thanks in advance

2. It will be up to the LA, so you need to clarify with them. If it is the same LA where you get your next post there is a possibility they could count it but generally they tend to like full terms in schools. So it will very much depend on the contract in the new school.
    James