1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James re appeals for NQT

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by ggina, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Are there any success stories for appealing at the end of NQT?

As most threads I have read regarding illness, work, lack of support etc this is where I find myself. Plus the transferring over to Academy status too. I have had a very difficult class with regards individual needs, attachment disorder, speech therapy, global develop delay and worked to the point of my own health suffering and being blamed for not managingwhen I have asked for help for the children. Cause for concern filed, my confidence gone and scared to go back to work, feeling stupid for some reason. I have about 8 weeks left once I return to work. Really wanting to resign or should I be ready with evidence against standards to appeal.

I am speaking to Union on going and they along with my doctor advise against rash decision. I am waiting for Union to get back to me re HR meeting (I am still signed off -unfit for work). This is my 3rd week of 6 and can't muster up energy or enthusiasm for much at all.

My class is year1 now of 29 children and will be year4 from September of 15 children (still with some issues). Really struggling to see a way forward as I feel the support put in place is just a tick box to say I have had it and not made it through.

I have worked at my school for over 4 years from HLTA to trainee Teacher to NQT. Any advice, experience for consideration greatly received.

I know I have a lot to learn still and need a positive way forward for myself!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo Gina, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.

However this forum is for help with the actual forum, not for help in general, and James won't see this on here.

I suggest that you re-post what you've written here on another Forum . Probably NQT

N.B. You have to join a forum before you can post.

You can just copy and paste what you've written, but as you are not allowed by the system to post two identical things, put an extra full stop somewhere to make it different.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. Thank you.