1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James; QTS Tests

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by StarbabyCat, Jan 11, 2012.

1. StarbabyCat

StarbabyCat New commenter

Sorry sneaking in here although I'm only a prospective student teacher! I have a place on a Secondary History PGCE for 2012 entry, and I've been looking at the proposed changes to the QTS skills tests, particularly the end of multiple resits. When does this change happen? Because it states Sept 2012 but for Sept 2013 entrants? It doesn't read very clearly. I'm terrible at arithmatic and I am already revising for it, but knowing I only get 2 attempts scares me even more!
    Thank you!
    Catherine

2. From September 2012 you will have a maximum of two resits in order to get onto a course starting from 2013 (remember there are two key changes: limited retakes, and taking it BEFORE getting on the course).
    So if you plan to start your ITT in Sep 2012, you're OK.

3. Can you confirm that if you are already on an ITT course your QTS skills tests are NOT limited. Ive read several things on here that suggest that even current students will be limited to 2 tries at the tests. Im in the 2nd year of a 4year course. Its not very clear. Thanks!