1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dear james please help

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by debaratighosal, May 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am a student teacher qualifying this year. Hunting for a job had been an extremely disappointing experience for me. I have a masters degree from India and am doing my PGCE. I have applied for many many vacancies but have not secured any interviews except one which was again unsuccessful.
    Please suggest what should I do.
    thanks

2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

You can try the Jobseekers forum, as TheoGriff has lots of excellent advice about getting a job.
    I'm sorry you are finding it hard; you don't say which PGCE you are doing, but at the moment there are more primary teachers out there than jobs and because of the recession more people are staying put in their current job.
    I'm afraid there are lots of people finishing their teaching courses at this time of year and not all of them will have an NQT position for September.
    Do visit the Jobseekers forum.

3. Thank you for the advice :)
    Im doing PGCE - Secondary Science. I am new to the country and an struggling with getting info on how to go about finding a job.

4. Just wanted to thank you for your brilliant suggestion ... I visited the jobseekers forum and found several things that I needed to ammend in my application..... thank you for showing me the path ... [​IMG]

5. I can see I'mn not needed here Theogriff has done his job!
    James

6. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I'm glad I could point you in the right direction! Theogriff is the best, well worth a read of anything he writes!
    Good luck. [​IMG]