1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James please can you help?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by strive2, Sep 3, 2015.

1. strive2

strive2 New commenter

Dear James,

Please can you help? Are you aware of any Safeguarding courses that I can complete online. I haven’t completed one since 2009 when I was employed as a primary supply teacher until 2011 with a local authority teaching agency. To date, I haven’t had the opportunity to complete my Induction Term as the old 16 month Supply Teaching Rule applied to me therefore work ceased and I feel that I have been left behind with the Safeguarding. However my local authority do provide training but only if you are employed by their teaching agency. I am applying for part time teaching positions and feel that a certificate will support my future teaching application and refresh my knowledge ready for an interview in 2 weeks’ time which I already know will involve many Safeguarding questions. I feel that one that provides a certificate and is recognised by schools, such as .gov etc. would be a better option.

Thank you.