1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - PGCE delay

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MrsK2806, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi James,

I had my interview for secondary English with UCP Marjon in Plymouth on 10th november and since then have heard nothing from them apart from two letters apologising for the delay due to funding issues.

I telephoned them yesterday to find out why I haven't heard anything when the primary places have been given out and was told that they're currently waiting for information from the gov'mt because they've been given a number as a whole for ITT places and need to know how many are for PGCE and how many are BEd.. When I said that I thought the deadline is on Monday, she agreed that they should know by then but she told me not to hold my breath.

She said that the GTTR would have to alter the deadline if they haven't heard by then.. Can they do that? Having changed it twice already??

Thanks,

Kate

2. Sorry, on my iPhone and it has removed all of my paragraphs!

3. No replies needed now. I got my offer today.