1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - Part-time NQT

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by guagua19, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Hi James

I read in another post that you had advised that NQTs do not pass or fail term 1 or 2, and that the pass or fail happens at the end of term 3. Could I ask you how this works for part-time NQTs? I know that I have to do 4 part-time terms ie. I full academic year + 1 term, but my present contact is for this academic year only at my present school, which presumably means that if I get to the end of this school contract, this school cannot 'fail' me but that it is up to me to make sure I complete and pass the NQT in the next school I work at. (Long sentence!)

Is this correct?

2. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

You wil have completed two Induction terms by the time you complete this academic year. Both verdicts will be about whether you are making satisfactory progress, or not, tworads meeting the standards.
    You will then need a post (lasting at least a term's length) at another school to undertake the 3rd Induction term, after which a Pass or Fail decision will be made.