1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

dear james,overseas qualifications

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by James_Williams, Apr 6, 2011.

  1. If you have a masters degree that is comparabel to a UK masters that is different and you should declare this on your applications as it is relevant. With this you would meet the new entry level of a minimum 2:2 so a provider could interview you and suggest that you do a physics subject enhancement course (there are various courses that run from 1 month to one year). You can also suggest this yourself in your statement in support.
  2. hummi7883

    hummi7883 New commenter

    Dear James
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have already declared that on my application.
    But been refused from the first choice,i think it went un noticed.
    I dont mind a SKE course for even a year as am willing to invest upto 2 years into this.
    Is there a part time pgce along side SKE?
    Sorry to keep asking different questions but i seem to be getting the right answers after so long!!
    Thank you very much for all the help.

  3. Hi
    It can happen that higher degrees get missed as they occupy a very minor part of the application and I have missed them in the past. Try contacting the institution for feedback and thenasking how you should present your qualifications. It may well be that as your initial degree is not considered equivalent then you should place your masters degree as your initial degree and your bachelors degree in the place of another degree qualification, this would highlight the accepted degree. Subject knowledege courses are diversifying and there are one month, three month, six month and ninbe month courses run at a variety of providers across the country so do check the TDA website fro the providers who offer them.
    You cannot do a SKE course alongside the PGCE as these are designed to be pre-ITT courses to prepare you subject wise for teaching.

Share This Page