1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James.....or anyone who can help me!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Laura_123, Mar 14, 2011.

1. I am on my 2nd year of the ba hons and am currently hating it.... all i do is cry im not eating so i am loosing weight and i am not sleeping. i have stress related stomache ulcers and am not coping well.

i want to quit and re train as a nursery nurse and work with children. i would quit now if i could but i feel like i am letting my muma nd dad down by quitting because they have paid for the course. what can i do?X

2. I saw your last post and didn't want to read and run.
    Firstly you needs tor talk to your tutor and student support services. If your health is suffering then you need help. From reading your other posts, it sounds like you've had really good placements up until now and now your confidence has taken a large knock and your health is suffering with it. If you've enjoyed the course up until this placement, then you need to talk to your tutor to find out what your options are for example if the placement is an issue, can you move schools/resit the placement? Can you change tutors if you feel your current tutor isn't taking you seriously?
    It would also be worth perhaps seeing your GP and getting signed off, which would give you time to improve your health and work out what you really want to do whilst leaving your options open. Your parents will understand if you do decide to drop out especially if you explain to them you've looked at all the options and if the course is making you that unhappy.

3. i went to the docs last night and he said to stick with it because ive only got a week left. i lov working with children but i cannot take my teacher anymore it is awful! imnot the only one who thinks this because everyone else who has been in thhis school as a ba hons student has hated her aswell. :( jsut want to leave this place! x