1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James: NQT year and breaks

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by rlleasl2, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Does anyone know how long I can have between completing each term of my NQT year?
    There is possibility that I might have to temporarily move to a different country for up to 3 years (due to my husbands work). If I have only completed two terms of my induction, can I complete the third when I come back? Or, would the part that I have completed get discounted and thus cause me to start the induction period again?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

In theory yes, there is no longer a limit for completion. Whether someone would give you a chance after such a large gap (unless you keep your hand in somehow) is a different matter. However if you've not used any of your supply limit (16 months from first day supply) this will help you get back in the loop on your return.
    Good Luck and all the best in your move x
  3. Asa stated, there is no regulation at present about breaks between completimng induction terms.