I am a NQT that has been advised to negotiate an early termination of my 3rd term rather than run this risk of failing and not being able to teach. I was notified of a potential to fail after term 2. It's a long story, but essentially it's an all too familiar case it would seem of a difficult class and lack of support from an uncaring mentor in a school that went in to special measures after my appointment. LA visited, observed a lesson which was fine but said despite the reality of the situation in terms of lack of support etc, the school has all its paperwork in order which says they are providing lots of help and I would be unlikely to win any appeal to the GTC if I failed and may not get any extension due to extenuating circumstances either. The situation at the school is horrific in terms of politics and backstabbing and I have no confidence or trust that I will be effectively supported and treated fairly to enable me to pass. I have contacted my union and am awaiting their advice as to how to proceed. Meantime, needless to say I am now thinking of applying for other jobs (not jobs which specifically say not NQTs.) Should I advise any potential employer that I will likely not pass my NQT year this term? I want to be upfront about things, but then if I am, I am already probably adversely affecting my chances of getting a position. If I don't, and I am successful in getting a post, then assuming I do exit my current contract early and do not pass or fail, any new school will be getting a NQT rather than a teacher who has passed induction which is what they would have been expecting. What would you advise here please?