1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James, NQT planning for September

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by NQTAndy, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hi James,
    there seems to be a lot of posts regarding planning for Sept but not may people to offer advice. I know on the other forums people have said 'don't worry plan when you start' etc but I am stressing about the planning!! Seems such an obvious question 'how do I plan?' that I don't want to ask my mentor as I think I should know the answer! I have schemes of work but I feel like I have forgotten how to plan (I had a gap year after PGCE) just not sure how to start planning for so many lessons (even the first weeks worth) Help!!! argh, 2 weeks to go! Any advice on how I can start?!! What could/should I have done in the next 2 weeks before I start?
    Thank you

2. Hi James,
    there seems to be a lot of posts regarding planning for Sept but not may people to offer advice. I know on the other forums people have said 'don't worry plan when you start' etc but I am stressing about the planning!! Seems such an obvious question 'how do I plan?' that I don't want to ask my mentor as I think I should know the answer! I have schemes of work but I feel like I have forgotten how to plan (I had a gap year after PGCE) just not sure how to start planning for so many lessons (even the first weeks worth) Help!!! argh, 2 weeks to go! Any advice on how I can start?!! What could/should I have done in the next 2 weeks before I start?
    Thank you

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are you primary? If so then look on the primary forum, there are a zillion posts asking and answering just that question.

4. Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply James! much appreciated. 'minnieminx' I am in secondary