1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - moving to a different local authority during the NQT year

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by jubilee, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Moving to a school in another LA in your NQT year is no different from moving to another school in the same LA.
    Keep paperwork from completed Induction terms. Your new school/LA will request your Induction file at the first LA.
    Many of us have undertaken Induction at two or three schools in one term blocks.

2. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

In theory no.

In practice, the evidence requirement may differ between the authorities. Your new authority may require more or if you're lucky less (perhaps no) evidence of you meeting standards. (So you might have to spend a weekend over the Easter holidays photocopying some stuff or, if you're lucky, you might just have to put the evidence you've gathered so far in the back of the cupboard and leave it there.)

3. I did this last year. I term on a mat cover with one authority and then 2 terms on a fixed term contract with a different authority. ironically I am now working in a thrird authority, but back to the one I used to work in as a TA and where I did my GTP.
    I didn't find it problematic at all. The first LA expected me to keep a lot more evidence than the 2nd, but I just carried on filling in my evidence log as I had been at the first, but didn't keep as much paperwork/action plans etc...
    I just made sure I had my first term's paperwork when I moved (make sure you have copies of everything), so just make sure you have copies of everything. The only issue I did have was I didn't do any NQT induction as the 1st school forgot to register me until just before half term (someone thought someone else had done it and no one had done it but they got myself and another NQT registered by the deadline) and I wasn;t put on an induction my the second LA as they assumed I would have already done it as I had started my NQT year. I think having done GTP though I didn't really feel as though I had missed out.

4. Moving from one LA to another should not present a problem, the new LA will request the paperwork from the old and, by law they must provide it. The new LA may well have different procedures for tracking progress through induction, so you wpould be wise to ask for a meetinor to talk to them on the phone so that you understand what they will require from you, your new school should also be able to help here and tell you what the LA requires with respect to evidence.
    James

5. i was thinking about moving to another school because i dont feel i am getting enough support to complete this year successfully. i got really good grades on tp at uni but here im not doing so well. i wondered if it would be difficult to get a job anywhere else because im not doing as well as i should be?