1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James- Level 6 or 7?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by anon3407, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Hi James,

I've just got back my first levelled assignment and got a 6C (level 6 commendation). I have the opportunity to push this up to a level 7 and, obviously would like to aim for this so am making the suggested changes. However, I'm not convinced that I'll achieve it overall (from this assignment and my research project).

I was just wondering how important is it in terms of job prospects to get a level 7 at this stage? I'm assuming if I get a level 6 and miss out on my 60 credits, I can (if I decide to to a masters in education) just pick up other modules to get these credits.

Thanks very much.

2. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

My training institution have only started offering the level 7 this year. Last year all of the trainee teachers had to complete their assignments at level 6 and every single one of them has a teaching job.
    At my current school placement there is an NQT English teacher with level 6 and an established Psychology teacher with level 6. I am yet to receive my research project back to see if I have achieved level 6 or 7 but I have an interview next week in my current placement school and they have told me that having masters credits will have no bearing on their decision to appoint someone. If you do level 6 and want to complete a masters in the future, you will be able to do this but will obviously have to do the 60 credits you didn't complete as part of your PGCE.