1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James...Job application form

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by clairemdew, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Hi James,
    I am a student teacher trying to fill in my first job application form. I was wondering whether you'd mind answering a few questions regarding the form?
    1. In the employment section, the form asks for the type and status of establishment. My teaching placement was in a C of E Aided junior school; am I right in thinking that I should put voluntary aided for type? What would the status be?
    2. The form has a section for vocational qualifications. Could I list my first aid certificate there?
    3. In the previous employment section, the form asks for the Title of Post (including special responsibilities). Would I list my day to day duties, or only the extra things I took on, like first aid duty, residential trips etc?
    Thank you very much for your help,
    Claire

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

1 Yes the school is voluntary aided
    2 First Aid could be considered vocational or it could appear in an additional section
    3 previous employment would be the job title- followed by the specific responsibility- e.g teaching year 4,