1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - INSET for PT staff

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by fjm1702, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hiya
    Just a quick question. I am currently on a .5 contract. I've attended 4 INSET days so far (even though I know I only have to attend .5 of them) Our school is closed for pupils on a day I normally work and instead they are having an INSET day. Do I have to attend?
    Most of the day is going to be spent on 'department work' and there are no planned meetings or trainning etc, otherwise I wouldn't bother asking.
    Thanks

2. Hiya
    Just a quick question. I am currently on a .5 contract. I've attended 4 INSET days so far (even though I know I only have to attend .5 of them) Our school is closed for pupils on a day I normally work and instead they are having an INSET day. Do I have to attend?
    Most of the day is going to be spent on 'department work' and there are no planned meetings or trainning etc, otherwise I wouldn't bother asking.
    Thanks