1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James....induction query

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by cg82, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Induction is based on a contract of a term or more, so if you don't have at least a term's contract, none of it counts for induction I'm afraid. (Although it's all brilliant experience).

2. Hi
    The LA is the only body who can say for certain if this time will count. Technically time cannot be backdated, but I do know that LAs try to be fair knowing that induction posts can be hard to come by. They may consider backdating, but they cannot be forced to accept the time. If the school can say now that you are likely to stay beyond the feb half term they the LA may register you. You will just have to waut for the LA to come back with a decision on backdating - a few weeks is normally not an issue, but a whole half term may be - that said if the school has followed all induction rfequirements the LA may be more willing to accept this time.
    James

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

As you were only taken on for half a term originally, I'm surprised that the school gave you a 10% reduced timetable. You should only get that when officially registered on Induction. Check with the Head and ask if they did actually register you as an NQt witht he LA back in October.. Were you given a mentor? If you have been registered all along, you will complete an Induction term at February half-term.